25 February 2007

Politics & film & blogging as we go...


I'm sitting watching Leonardo DiCaprio stand next to Al Gore telling me that the Oscars have gone green....my DP husband wonders if they have squirrels running the lights and cameras. I'm wondering if they count the fact that by closing Hollywood Boulevard for several blocks for over a week they actually caused people to be caught for an hour on Sunset and Santa Monica and Franklin simply trying to traverse from east to west and vice versa. Truly, I drove to my writers' group last Wednesday, something that normally takes 25 minutes and instead took an hour and 15 - why? Because they needed to close Hollywood Blvd. in front of the Kodak theater to get ready for Oscar. Oscar that somehow is green this year....does this include the Limos that lined up to drop their cargo? I'm just wondering...

No comments: