27 February 2007

Middle Ground


If you're currently single and starved for affection, you're probably going to be highly annoyed by this blog and may as well stop reading now.

My husband is an incredibly romantic soul and the truth is PDA isn't in his vocabulary because he doesn't differentiate between public and private - thus Public Display of Affection doesn't mean anything to him. But that's not what this is about.


Everytime we sit out on the veranda (our term for the umbrella and table on the chunk of driveway next to the detached garage) and I get up to refresh my coffee or grab a kleenex or check my email, he says "Wait, wait..." and I have to go back and give him a kiss and/or a hug.

After 6 years of marriage, last night I told him I couldn't have kisses be mandatory anymore. As sweet as it is, it was making me crazy.

Am I evil?

No comments: