18 July 2007
I leave for Washington D.C. tomorrow for 2 days. Get in Thursday night, shoot all day Friday, leave Saturday morning. The funny thing is I'm actually looking forward to it even though it's a working trip and mostly running around. I like DC, I like the vibe of the place. I like the history, both from a political stance and from a scandal view. It's a dirty little town wrapped in pretty white tissue paper.
Posted by Sanora Bartels at 4:44 PM
13 July 2007
1. Don't drink and blog or I'll wake up at 4 in the morning and not be able to go back to sleep.
2. When I'm pissed off, look at the reason behind the anger. If it's embarrassment, don't write about it on a blog.
3. My parents and only a few random close friends read this blog - now they also share in this private little tidbit that I somehw believed was just between me and the ex.
4. I don't have to ever see any of these people again and if any of them comment on any of it or mention either of these entries I can actually decide to cut them off socially.
5. I am not allowed to delete either of these entries, just like I wouldn't be able to "unsend" a "drunk email" in order to more fully appreciate the moment.
6. Don't drink and blog or I'll have to get up at 6 in the morning to make amends.
7. Don't share anything with a spouse that I won't want them to tell their girlfriend after I'm gone.
8. Assure my parents that the palamino had nothing to do with delusions of being Catherine the Great - it wasn't that dream.
9. Vow to somehow live this down.
10. Don't drink and blog.
Posted by Sanora Bartels at 6:17 AM
12 July 2007
Did you really think I would appreciate a laugh at my expense? First of all, I'm broke. Second, you and I are still friends which means that there is a possiblity of spending time with your new love. It's all a question of supply and demand. I refuse to supply a laugh on demand. And I find it interesting that when I call your bluff, you want to muck your hand and hang up on me. I've played this game before -- okay all metaphor aside -- you told your girlfriend I dreamt about a Palamino years ago and now you laugh whenever you see that word on a sign.
I am a private joke.
That now makes me a public enemy....
Posted by Sanora Bartels at 8:50 PM