27 July 2005

Slogging instead of Blogging

Yesterday, I finally sat down and outlined about half of the screenplay that has been buzzing around my head for the last year or so. This morning I typed the first 7 pages and am committed to getting three more done today so that I'm at 10. I'd like to think I could write 5 pages a day and so have given myself that goal for the next four weeks (which would give me a finished first draft before starting school again). Man, this summer is whizzing by .... remember when we were kids and three months off seemed like an eternity in May?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

right on with the goals, sista!
Oh god yes the summertime is wayyyy too short these days.

Anonymous said...

Keep it going! I remember some film writing teacher said that if you wrote just one page a day, you'd have a full first draft in two months. Easier said than done.