04 May 2007

Time Flies


I wrote the last post right before I left on a 6 day working cruise to Hawaii. I was the Production Coordinator for one of those silly dvds that they send out to travel agents to entice people to take the cruise. The good part was that it was Crystal Cruises, one of the top of the line, most expensive cruise lines and the food and alcohol was outrageous and, of course, free. Normally, alcohol is not, but what else was I going to do with my per diem? The bad part was that I was out on the ocean for four days, no land in sight and frankly, only got to look at the water very early in the morning and very late at night since I was working 14 hour days.


The Sunday I stepped off of a red-eye flight into LAX, I got a call regarding a documentary on PTSD. That evening I met with the Producer/Director and the next morning (March 19) was hired as Associate Producer.


So, needless to say, I've been a little busy the last several weeks.


It's odd to say I'm enjoying my experience on the documentary given the seriousness of the subject but one of the alleviating factors is that we're concentrating on successful treatments and the effect of spirituality on the ability to heal.


Finally, the fact is I just love working on documentaries. I love information. I love being a part of information dissemination and I love thinking that maybe I'm contributing to something that will ultimately help humanity.

No comments: